Expired Hot Deals

[WIND Mobile] [Wind Mobile] $49 Canadian Roaming Promo Plan

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2015 11:21 am
Tags:
Nov 27, 2004
888 posts
35 upvotes
In the fine print it reads all unlimited features are available from the wind network and our partner networks across Canada. I'm pretty sure if your using data in the USA it'll cost you extra $0.05/MB data

Edit
I signed up for this plan last night and I am planning to call a wind rep to confirm a few items. This is what my online account reads;

MY PLAN

Cross Canada 49 Plan

$49/mo.

Activation Date: May 6, 2015

Unlimited Data (2GB full speed allotment)
Unlimited Canada wide Texting
Unlimited Global Texting
Unlimited Canada/US-wide Picture/Video Messaging
Voicemail+
Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
Use your unlimited features anywhere on WIND/Partner networks
Unlimited US Roaming**Unlimited Data,*Text and 2400 minutes of CA/US-wide Talk*
World Traveller reduced international roaming rates

MY FEATURES

International Roaming
DISABLED
International Calling
ENABLED
AWAY and US Roaming - Data
ENABLED

I for some reason have the US Roaming Unlimited data...I'll confirm with wind what this means
Jul 22, 2003
978 posts
131 upvotes
dealseaker101 wrote:
May 1st, 2015 1:51 pm
First off, sorry folks, just noticed that the fine print says for Alberta residents only.
:cry:

To be eligible: "1.The Cross-Canada 49 plan is a promotional plan and activation on this plan is only available to
residents of Alberta who live within a postal code inside the WIND network coverage area during
the promotional period. "

Wind Mobile now has a Canadian Roaming Promo Plan for $49: http://windmobile.ca/cross-canada-plan-49, http://windmobile.ca/plans-and-devi ... da-49-plan

Wind Zone coverage may not be that great but if you travel a lot outside of Wind Zones then it might be worth it (you'll be using the Big 3's network most of the time anyways). The data is throttled after 2 GB though. Something to think about.

I think this is a decent deal for those worried about Wind's lack of coverage. Now you can switch without worrying too much.

Plan details:

Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
Unlimited Global Texting
Up to $150 in Bring/Buy Your Own Phone Credits or WINDtab
Voicemail+
Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees

The last day to get this promo plan is May 31.
Has anyone phoned or talked to a Wind Rep to confirm the details on this ?
The wording worries me a little bit as to whether or not it really is Canada Wide.

The plan states:

But if you go here
http://windmobile.ca/network-and-coverage/coverage
they actually have regions defined as "Wind/Partner Networks"

So when they say Wind/Partner do they mean only in the "Wind/Partner Networks" so you don't pay roaming in the major areas, or do they actually mean in Wind or partner networks.
I hope they mean the second one but the wording makes me leery.
Nov 27, 2004
888 posts
35 upvotes
dealtaker wrote:
May 7th, 2015 3:58 pm
Has anyone phoned or talked to a Wind Rep to confirm the details on this ?
The wording worries me a little bit as to whether or not it really is Canada Wide.

The plan states:

But if you go here
http://windmobile.ca/network-and-coverage/coverage
they actually have regions defined as "Wind/Partner Networks"

So when they say Wind/Partner do they mean only in the "Wind/Partner Networks" so you don't pay roaming in the major areas, or do they actually mean in Wind or partner networks.
I hope they mean the second one but the wording makes me leery.
If you read the terms and conditions it states;

All unlimited features are available from the wind network and our partner networks across Canada.

It specifically distinguishes between the wind network and partner networks within Canada. I think what's confusing me is on the coverage map it shows the USA as under partner but because the fine print reads 'partner across Canada' I'm pretty sure it's Canada wide.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5027 posts
1778 upvotes
Milton keynes commforum
k__dam wrote:
May 7th, 2015 2:47 pm
In the fine print it reads all unlimited features are available from the wind network and our partner networks across Canada. I'm pretty sure if your using data in the USA it'll cost you extra $0.05/MB data

Edit
I signed up for this plan last night and I am planning to call a wind rep to confirm a few items. This is what my online account reads;

MY PLAN

Cross Canada 49 Plan

$49/mo.

Unlimited Global Texting
Voicemail+

MY FEATURES

International Roaming
DISABLED
International Calling
ENABLED
ENABLED

I for some reason have the US Roaming Unlimited data...I'll confirm with wind what this means
Not sure if you're the same person but somebody on HowardForums also reported that their account had unlimited US roaming listed with this plan as well.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Nov 27, 2004
888 posts
35 upvotes
dealseaker101 wrote:
May 7th, 2015 7:20 pm
Not sure if you're the same person but somebody on HowardForums also reported that their account had unlimited US roaming listed with this plan as well.
Nope I'm not the same person
Jun 3, 2011
68 posts
6 upvotes
London
k__dam wrote:
May 7th, 2015 2:47 pm

Edit

MY PLAN

Cross Canada 49 Plan

$49/mo.

Unlimited Global Texting
Voicemail+

MY FEATURES

International Roaming
DISABLED
International Calling
ENABLED
ENABLED

Hey any luck calling WIND to confirm?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
2855 posts
449 upvotes
Calgary
This offer is a fail because of the unclear description.

What attracted me to wind in the first place was easy to read offers. This one is a jumble of confusion.

It's basically the unlimited US plan with away roaming in Canada added for $10. Except most of your use has to originate in a wind zone. This part is confusing and requires you to stay on top of it. Makes no sense.
Aug 25, 2006
23 posts
4 upvotes
Roberts Creek
I just switched to this plan and I got Unlimited US Roaming, Unlimited Data,Text and 2400 minutes of CA/US-wide Talk" as well
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14103 posts
4889 upvotes
Gatineau
akagi82 wrote:
May 20th, 2015 11:19 am
I just switched to this plan and I got Unlimited US Roaming, Unlimited Data,Text and 2400 minutes of CA/US-wide Talk" as well
According to posts on Hofo, the U.S. Roaming isn't included and just a MY ACCOUNT system glitch lol.

djino