Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 3.5-Inch - $106.98 and comes with *FREE* Assassin's Creed Origins

[OP]
Sep 6, 2009
148 posts
78 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 3.5-Inch - $106.98 and comes with *FREE* Assassin's Creed Origins

Multiple HDDs applicable to the deal but this one is probably the best.
Comes around $121 including tax
The code is most likely uplay code but should still hold above > $50 value
Make sure to select Amazon as seller

**UPDATE**
The 3TB BarraCuda was removed from the promotion list.
The offer says 1 or 2 days after the item ships for the code.
It looks like you can also contact their customer service if you don't receive your code and in case the 3TB non Pro version was an error, it should be a hassle free return.
Last edited by beatusk on Nov 1st, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84 replies
Feb 4, 2015
312 posts
400 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I would be surprised if the hard drive linked qualifies for this promotion, the terms clearly state you need to purchase " 1 qualifying BarraCuda Pro product or 2 qualifying FireCuda products" to be eligible. The $106 3 TB drive is the standard model and not the Pro. Looks like somebody messed up and added the non-Pro 3TB version to the list instead of the Pro version.

Furthermore, if you click into the product page it doesn't show the promotion under "Special offers" like all the other products.

Interesting deal if you were going to buy the game anyway, but the Pro drives are not worth the premium in my opinion.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14591 posts
18199 upvotes
ONTARIO
Verdic wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 7:07 pm
I would be surprised if the hard drive linked qualifies for this promotion, the terms clearly state you need to purchase " 1 qualifying BarraCuda Pro product or 2 qualifying FireCuda products" to be eligible. The $106 3 TB drive is the standard model and not the Pro. Looks like somebody messed up and added the non-Pro 3TB version to the list instead of the Pro version.

Furthermore, if you click into the product page it doesn't show the promotion under "Special offers" like all the other products.

Interesting deal if you were going to buy the game anyway, but the Pro drives are not worth the premium in my opinion.
If you add the 3TB drive to your cart, it says at checkout that you are getting the game ("Congratulations, you quality for Assassin's Creed...blahblahblah).

On another note, jesus they have 10TB drives now?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2003
1342 posts
163 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 7:10 pm
On another note, jesus they have 10TB drives now?
I just spoke to Jesus and he confirmed they do have 10TB drives now.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10875 posts
1043 upvotes
London
AWESOME! I have a $10 credit too

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2002
1680 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks! Ordered one
:arrowl: :arrowd: :arrowu: :arrow: I play too much DDR ヽ(`д`)ノ
HEATWARE 52-0-0
Jan 28, 2010
296 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not overly familiar with uPlay these days. Is this a Steam code that requires the uPlay client? Or does uPlay have their own platform now?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10338 posts
3734 upvotes
pm2gonzales wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 7:45 pm
I'm not overly familiar with uPlay these days. Is this a Steam code that requires the uPlay client? Or does uPlay have their own platform now?
uPlay has their own platform.

This is a really nice deal. I don't even need the hard drive but it will give me even more space for my games. Assassin's Creed Origins looks like a really nice game. It's hard to go wrong with this deal if you're a gamer.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10338 posts
3734 upvotes
DealsMD wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 7:58 pm
Can this hard drive go into a PS4?
No, it's the wrong size. You might be able to use it externally with an enclosure though. Can the ps4 use external hard drives?
I am a Zoomer customer.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2009
148 posts
78 upvotes
DealsMD wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 7:58 pm
Can this hard drive go into a PS4?
You would have to opt for one of the 2.5" drives instead that are also included in the deal
Mar 20, 2015
35 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
finally have a "valid" reason to add more storage to my PC... :)
May 9, 2014
178 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks to OP. don't forget Ebates rewards.