Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Weatherproof Fujifilm X-T1/XF18-55 mm F2.8-4.0 R LM OIS - 16MP Mirrorless Camera & Lens Kit - Black - Bundle 1499$

[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 23, 2015
323 posts
796 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Amazon Canada] Weatherproof Fujifilm X-T1/XF18-55 mm F2.8-4.0 R LM OIS - 16MP Mirrorless Camera & Lens Kit - Black - Bundle 1499$

Fujifilm x-t1 camera with lens and other stuff on amazon deal of the day for 1499+tax. Considering the deal price the camera alone is over 1200+tax. Also all other accessories if bought separately will cost 200$ excluding lens.
Deal link: https://amazon.ca/Fujifilm-X-T1-XF1 ... WVJCWDCNP8
Package includes:
-Fujifilm X-T1/XF18-55 mm F2.8-4.0 R LM OIS - 16MP Mirrorless Camera & Lens Kit - Black
-Metal Hand Grip Large
-Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
-AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag
-AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
-SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 95MB/s

Amazon.com has similar bundle around 1700$USD

Image
12 replies
Jr. Member
Sep 20, 2007
106 posts
53 upvotes
this is such a deal... considering replacing my a6000 purely for the ergonomics alone... not sure if i can accept the image quality hit though..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5333 posts
1839 upvotes
Canada
604al wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:09 pm
not sure if i can accept the image quality hit though..
???

Fuji will likely have better image quality, the included kit lens is also very good compared to crappy 16-50 you get with Sonys.
I have an A6000 too but looking to change
Koodo customer
Tangerine customer
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 25, 2010
546 posts
126 upvotes
Pretty good deal considering the normal prices. But I don't understand how the X-T1 is still any more than $1000 now that the X-T2 is out. I mean the Sony A7 gen1 is $1099 and vastly superior to the Fuji X-T1 which is at $1299 (USD new from BH).

I shot on the Fuji X system for a while but quite readily moved over to the Sony A7 as the price increase wasn't that much.
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:38 pm
604al wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:09 pm
not sure if i can accept the image quality hit though..
???

Fuji will likely have better image quality, the included kit lens is also very good compared to crappy 16-50 you get with Sonys.
I have an A6000 too but looking to change
He probably means going from 24MP on the a6000 to 16MP on the X-T1.

I have shot on both Fuji and Sony, and I will say that Sony sensors are better (they're pretty much industry leading). The Fuji X-Trans sensor is good, but it has some... artefacts.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 18, 2004
101 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
toxikwaste wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:50 pm
Pretty good deal considering the normal prices. But I don't understand how the X-T1 is still any more than $1000 now that the X-T2 is out. I mean the Sony A7 gen1 is $1099 and vastly superior to the Fuji X-T1 which is at $1299.

I shot on the Fuji X system for a while but quite readily moved over to the Sony A7 as the price increase wasn't that much.
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:38 pm
604al wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:09 pm
not sure if i can accept the image quality hit though..
???

Fuji will likely have better image quality, the included kit lens is also very good compared to crappy 16-50 you get with Sonys.
I have an A6000 too but looking to change
He probably means going from 24MP on the a6000 to 16MP on the X-T1.

I have shot on both Fuji and Sony, and I will say that Sony sensors are better (they're pretty much industry leading). The Fuji X-Trans sensor is good, but it has some... artefacts.
X-T1 is still around $1000, because the X-T2 is $2000:
http://henrys.com/94727-FUJIFILM-X- ... BLACK.aspx

This deal likely has to do with a general Fuji sale which ends Sept. 30. Looks like everything is on sale: http://fujifilm.ca/products/digital ... index.html

Just bought an X-T1 myself under current sales. This amazon package is a good deal if you need all that stuff.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3401 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal... For those that don't need the extras, I just bought an X-T1 (body only) for just under $1000 + tax from an authorized Fuji retailer in Toronto... Great time to grab Fuji gear while it's still on sale. Some deals on X-T10 and X-E2s as well, if you don't need a weather sealed camera, and like the aesthetics of those bodies too...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 25, 2010
546 posts
126 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 2:31 pm
Good deal... For those that don't need the extras, I just bought an X-T1 (body only) for just under $1000 + tax from an authorized Fuji retailer in Toronto... Great time to grab Fuji gear while it's still on sale. Some deals on X-T10 and X-E2s as well, if you don't need a weather sealed camera, and like the aesthetics of those bodies too...
Where'd you get the X-T1 for <$1g? how much is the X-E2?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1763 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
So everyone's clear, the X-T1 has weather sealing, but the XF 18-55 lens does not. Still a GREAT lens.

OP, you should remove "R" from title- the R designation is for weather sealed lenses like the 16-55, 35 f/2, 90 f/2, etc.

EDIT: the R is correct, it means the lens has an aperture ring. thanks to Jonavin for the correction in post #11
WR is the designation for weather sealed lenses
Last edited by Kfox on Oct 4th, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 23, 2015
323 posts
796 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Kfox wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 10:14 pm
So everyone's clear, the X-T1 has weather sealing, but the XF 18-55 lens does not. Still a GREAT lens.

OP, you should remove "R" from title- the R designation is for weather sealed lenses like the 16-55, 35 f/2, 90 f/2, etc.
I don't know if it's weatherproof or not i have only copied it from amazon.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2005
3414 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
Kfox wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 10:14 pm
So everyone's clear, the X-T1 has weather sealing, but the XF 18-55 lens does not. Still a GREAT lens.

OP, you should remove "R" from title- the R designation is for weather sealed lenses like the 16-55, 35 f/2, 90 f/2, etc.
No. R does not mean weather sealed. "W" is what marks the Fuji weather resisting lenses. "R" means it has an aperture ring. No "R" means no aperture ring (control it from camera controls instead).
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1763 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Jonavin wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 12:16 am
Kfox wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 10:14 pm
So everyone's clear, the X-T1 has weather sealing, but the XF 18-55 lens does not. Still a GREAT lens.

OP, you should remove "R" from title- the R designation is for weather sealed lenses like the 16-55, 35 f/2, 90 f/2, etc.
No. R does not mean weather sealed. "W" is what marks the Fuji weather resisting lenses. "R" means it has an aperture ring. No "R" means no aperture ring (control it from camera controls instead).
I Stand corrected about the R designation.
As far a weather sealing goes, we're both wrong. It's not R and not W, it's actually WR for weather sealed lenses. The 18-55 has an aperture ring, but is not weather sealed.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2005
3414 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
Kfox wrote:
Oct 4th, 2016 1:40 pm
Jonavin wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 12:16 am
Kfox wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 10:14 pm
So everyone's clear, the X-T1 has weather sealing, but the XF 18-55 lens does not. Still a GREAT lens.

OP, you should remove "R" from title- the R designation is for weather sealed lenses like the 16-55, 35 f/2, 90 f/2, etc.
No. R does not mean weather sealed. "W" is what marks the Fuji weather resisting lenses. "R" means it has an aperture ring. No "R" means no aperture ring (control it from camera controls instead).
I Stand corrected about the R designation.
As far a weather sealing goes, we're both wrong. It's not R and not W, it's actually WR for weather sealed lenses. The 18-55 has an aperture ring, but is not weather sealed.
WR is two letters. W for weather resistance and R for aperture ring. They currently don't make a lens that has W without an R, but that's what those letters stand for. If they ever make a weather lens without an aperture ring it will be W only.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

Top