Off Topic Archive

Locked: Cost of Ont Health Card Replacement??

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2007 12:27 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 16, 2005
116 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

Cost of Ont Health Card Replacement??

Greetings,

I've been all over the Ministry of Health website and can not find the cost of card replacement due to theft. Can anyone shead some light on this issue?? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Share:
10 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12413 posts
1325 upvotes
Toronto
mocbcu wrote:
Mar 28th, 2007 7:28 pm
Greetings,

I've been all over the Ministry of Health website and can not find the cost of card replacement due to theft. Can anyone shead some light on this issue?? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
i'm pretty sure its free, just visit a local health centre and ask for info on how to get one.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2004
1132 posts
16 upvotes
Woodbridge
No fee.
Just bring 3 pieces of ID (licence, birthcertificate, mail with current address) to your local Ministry oif health office (listed in the blue pages of your local phone book)

they will reassign you a card version code right away (slip of paper you carry around with you)
WTB :
1) Laptop - Ultra/Convertible
2) Camera - digital
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7394 posts
97 upvotes
When I lost my wallet all I had to do was call the MOH and they sent a new card in the mail for free. This was over 2 years ago though, things might have changed now.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2004
1132 posts
16 upvotes
Woodbridge
You can call in to MOH if you already have the Green photo ID card. If it is a lost red&white card, you need to go into the office.
WTB :
1) Laptop - Ultra/Convertible
2) Camera - digital
[OP]
Jan 16, 2005
116 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I actually had the green card so perhaps you have saved me a trip, will call tomorrow.

Cheers!!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Did you know that even if someone steals your health card # and info they will only issue the same card and not a new #?

happened to me.

Also, they will not redo your pic, no matter if it even no longer looks like you.

My pic looks nothing like me at all, and some places would not take my card.

then my info was stolen from the hospital- so someone could be using that, yet i can't get a new pic or new # for another 3 years or so.

I have a stupid slip of paper now :mad:
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18161 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Would it be possible to replace a health card if not lost? I have an old red/white one and I'd like to get the newer green photo id cards to match my driver's license. :)
Dec 13, 2003
446 posts
18 upvotes
felix wrote:
Mar 29th, 2007 6:27 am
Would it be possible to replace a health card if not lost? I have an old red/white one and I'd like to get the newer green photo id cards to match my driver's license. :)
Yes, just go down to any ministry of health office and apply for one. Could be a few hours wait depending how busy it is but you will receive it in the mail shortly after.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18161 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)