ALBERTA ONLY - Alberta Energy Saving Efficiency Program - Residential No Charge Energy Savings Program MUST REGISTER
- Deal Link:
- Energy Efficient Alberta
MOD Edit: Keep the politics out of this thread. If you're unhappy with this program make a thread in OT (or better still write to your MPP)
The Residential No-Charge Energy Savings Program offers direct, no-charge installation of energy efficient products (qualifying products are also free) in Albertans’ houses, apartments and condos. Whether you own or rent your home, an Energy Efficiency Alberta installer will visit your home and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge. Most homes can be upgraded in about an hour.
How does it work?
Getting your no-charge, energy-efficient products is easy:
1. Fill out the form to register.
2. You’ll receive a call to schedule your installation, and a second call from the installer the day prior to their visit.
3. An installer will visit your home, and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge.
4. The installer will upgrade your home to energy-efficient products, and show you how to use them. Most installations don’t take longer than an hour.
5. You’ll save money and conserve energy—immediately. And the products are yours to keep at no charge! Qualifying Products Below
UPDATE: Additional FAQ available on the website here: https://efficiencyalberta.ca/reside ... harge/faq/
What kinds of products are included?
- LED lightbulbs
- LED nightlights
- Faucet aerators
- Low-flow showerheads
- Advanced power strips for audio-visual equipment
- Smart thermostats
Program Details (https://efficiencyalberta.ca/reside ... e/details/)
All Alberta households are eligible to participate regardless of income or housing type. Installation will be conducted by qualified installers who schedule home visits. Installers will remove old products and replace them with more energy-efficient products, such as:
- Replacing existing incandescent nightlights, lightbulbs and exit signs with LED products
- Replacing inefficient shower heads with high-efficiency shower heads
- Installing faucet aerators if no aerator is present
- Replacing a traditional power bar with an advanced power bar
- Replacing a non-programmable thermostat with a smart (self-adjusting) thermostat
When will the program launch?
Installations will begin in early April 2017, but you can sign up now to be among the first people in your area to get energy-efficient products at no charge.
Other Energy Efficient Programs
INSTANT SAVINGS PROGRAM (https://efficiencyalberta.ca/instant-savings/)
During Energy Efficiency Alberta’s Instant Savings campaign—running from April 28 until June 11—you’ll save instantly on energy-efficient products at participating retailers. Whether it’s LED light bulbs, smart power bars, timers, clotheslines, dimmers or programmable thermostats, we’re offering savings right at the till.
HOME IMPROVEMENT REBATE (https://efficiencyalberta.ca/home-improvement/)
The more energy your home-improvement project saves, the more money you’ll get back in rebates—that’s the promise of Energy Efficiency Alberta’s Home Improvement Rebate program’s performance-based rebates. We are currently training Alberta-based insulation, window, and domestic hot water contractors on the Home Improvement Rebate program’s rebate levels and parameters—soon we’ll provide contact information for participating contractors, allowing Albertans to seek out quotes and rebate estimates for their energy-efficient renovation projects. We recommend getting at least three quotes from registered contractors, who will be able to provide more details and an estimate of your rebate based on your home’s existing insulation, windows, and hot water heater.
RESIDENTIAL RETAIL PRODUCTS PROGRAM (https://efficiencyalberta.ca/residential-retail/)
The Residential Retail Products Program offers incentives when you purchase energy-efficient appliances and other energy-saving products through participating retailers and contractors. This program will launch in spring of 2017. See the website for more details, including what types products are included.
RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL SOLAR PROGRAM (https://efficiencyalberta.ca/solar/)
The Residential and Commercial Solar Program offers rebates to homeowners, businesses and non-profits that install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. The rebate is expected to be up to 30% of your costs for your home or business for an installation of a solar photovoltaic system.
BUSINESS, NON-PROFIT, AND INSTITUTIONAL ENERGY SAVINGS PROGRAM (https://efficiencyalberta.ca/busine ... itutional/)
The Business, Non-Profit and Institutional Energy Savings Program offers incentives to encourage organizations to choose high-efficiency products. Once your organization has installed an approved high-efficiency heating or lighting product you can apply for the rebate. Once approved, you’ll receive a cheque that will help cover the cost of the equipment. The program will launch in spring of 2017. Products eligible in the first year includes:
- Efficient lighting products: LED T8s, LED bulbs, LED low/medium/high-bay fixtures, LED exterior fixtures, T5HO high-bay fixtures, occupancy controls, etc.
- Efficient Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment: Commercial warm air furnaces, hot water commercial packaged boilers
- Efficient water heating equipment: Condensing water heaters, tankless water heaters
All business, non-profit and institutional customers serviced by an Alberta electric or gas utility are eligible, except for large final emitters—as defined under Alberta’s Specified Gas Emitters Regulation. See website for more details.
Why it is free
It is free to Albertans who register for the program. It is not free in the sense that this program is funded from the revenues earned from the carbon tax (which we pay through other means). The program is expected to cost $21.5 million.
Contacts for addition questions
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: 1-844-357-5604