Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes

HD: YMMV: Power Ease 3100 PSI Pressure washer $299.99

I mentioned this in the Home and Garden section under pressure washer 101, but didn't see any post in the hot deals section.

Power Ease (by BE) 3100 PSI gas powered pressure washer
2.3 GPM Max Flow
25' hose and accessory kit (three nozzles of varied angle, plus soap tip)
1 yr. warranty on pump
1 yr. warranty on engine
$299.99

Most comparable washers sell for much closer to the $1,000 mark.

I'm not tickled with the warranties, but figure that it may last a good while with lots of TLC.

Does anyone have any experience with Power Ease or BE? Any feedback on this unit? It's still in the box, so it's not too late to wait for the 3000 PSI Ridgid that I've been waiting to come up as a host buy...
11 replies
Aug 10, 2009
62 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
I will pass on the chinese engine.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3058 posts
654 upvotes
Ottawa
Sounds like a great deal. I've got a BE that I picked up from HD 3 years ago for the same price. They tend to use decent quality parts. The one I've got is built around a Honda engine and Comet pump. It's seen a lot of useage and has been problem free. Highly recommended - but of course YMMV as things may have changed in 3 years.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
I noticed that BE's other models use a Honda engine while searching for this online--a little more reputable name than this one. waeloo, how can you tell if this one is of Chinese origin?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1856 posts
226 upvotes
Vancouver
I also bought the BE with the Honda GC160 engine about 3+-yrs ago and so far it has been problem free. A few weeks ago, I bought the pressure washer that the OP was speaking of. It indeed is a chinese engine with a aluminum sleeve cylinders, which I was expecting at this price point. Then again, the Honda GC series engines are also aluminum sleeve cylinders. I had called BE to inquire about the engine on the 3100psi pw and that was what they told me. I still haven't opened the box yet because I haven't had a need to use it yet. I will likely buy a BE 50 feet pressure washer hose that they have on sale at Summit tools for $64.97.

For me it was a no brainer because the minimum charge for PW services is $200 around here to get someone to pressure wash parkade and the grounds in the office. The $299 unit will pay for itself within the first year as we do multiple pressure washes each year. I seriously doubt the quality of this unit is as good as other much more expensive 3100 psi PW, but I am budgeting about 5 yrs use for this machine. Any more is gravy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up on the longer pressure washer hose BoombasticSloth !

This could be handy for doing the deck without taking it up the stairs :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1856 posts
226 upvotes
Vancouver
dirkpitt, I found the note that I had scribbled about the engine on the PW. It is a Rato brand engine made by Chongqing Rato Power.

Here is a link. I haven't opened to box to identify which engine model it is though.

All the best.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
dirkpitt wrote:
Apr 9th, 2010 11:17 am

Does anyone have any experience with Power Ease or BE? Any feedback on this unit? It's still in the box, so it's not too late to wait for the 3000 PSI Ridgid that I've been waiting to come up as a host buy...
It's going to be VERY unlikely that the Ridgid 3000 PSI will go back to this $299 price range...They discontinued their crappy axial cam pump version and put in CAT pump for all of their newer PW...obviously, their prices went up 2-3 times....I can't find anything for less than $700...
Banned
Oct 26, 2009
125 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto & Mississaug…
my dad had this one and it broke down a few times and he had to keep going to get it fixed so he ended up just exchanging for another one...probably why its so cheap
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
virgoan wrote:
Apr 10th, 2010 9:54 am
It's going to be VERY unlikely that the Ridgid 3000 PSI will go back to this $299 price range...They discontinued their crappy axial cam pump version and put in CAT pump for all of their newer PW...obviously, their prices went up 2-3 times....I can't find anything for less than $700...
I'm keeping my eyes open... I tried to buy the display model for their 3000 PSI Ridgid pressure washer with the Subaru engine last year but was denied because the wand tips were missing. They have had this host buy deal the last two years running for $399.99 but I haven't been able to time my visit to HD right. It's a good unit (a friend of mine got one two years ago) but for now I'll see if I can wear out this BE...
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
dirkpitt wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 10:31 am
I'm keeping my eyes open... I tried to buy the display model for their 3000 PSI Ridgid pressure washer with the Subaru engine last year but was denied because the wand tips were missing. They have had this host buy deal the last two years running for $399.99 but I haven't been able to time my visit to HD right. It's a good unit (a friend of mine got one two years ago) but for now I'll see if I can wear out this BE...
Yea...it's a very good pressure washer...but the axial pump is a POS...I manged to get one when they had their "introductory" price at $299...that was a good deal...the Subaru engine alone cost more than that...the pump gave up on me last summer and I just put them in storage...took it out this year and have Ridgid replace it under warranty...

Don't know what will I do when the warranty expires...probably upgrade to a CAT pump...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
I saw that they had a big stack of these back in stock at the Beacon Hill Home Depot in Calgary.

Same price.

I've used mine a half a dozen times so far, and my only complaint is that the black rubber base will leave a skid mark--I just put a towel/cardboard underneath.