• May 23rd, 2018 3:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2283 posts
761 upvotes
Mississauga

[Home Depot] Hampton Bay 5 PC Outdoor Patio Conversation Set - $298.00

saw this on yellow tag at the Argentia (Mississauga) location. Online says its a 4 piece, however the Argentia location, has the 5 piece (couch, 2 chairs, coffee table + separate serving tray) for $298.00

There's 5 boxes + floor model on the floor. Quality is pretty decent for $300, reviews seem to be good

https://homedepot.ca/en/home/p.roun ... 24910.html

Sku: 1001024910

other stores might have the 5 piece, so place an online order for pickup if you can; parcel shipping might give you the 4 piece

ImageImage
136 replies
Jun 13, 2017
171 posts
91 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Is this a reduced price? I mean, if I wait until next month, will I regret it?
"Are you telling me to get a smart switch instead of a smart bulb for my bedside night lamp?"

ArloCopter
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2283 posts
761 upvotes
Mississauga
adhika wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 2:15 pm
Is this a reduced price? I mean, if I wait until next month, will I regret it?
reduced?its yellow ticketed in the store, so possible clear out

next month as in 5 days from now? they might have some sort of price protection
Nov 10, 2016
134 posts
76 upvotes
online pics show the tray. maybe it just doesn't count as a "piece".
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1508 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Oh no! I literally bought this last Friday and received it shipped on Tuesday (the box is huge, expectedly). It's actually amazing even at $348 before tax, which is what I paid.

Few issues... This uses a 6 sided allan key... I tore off some index finger skin putting it together. Some of the actual holes seemed to have worn down treads, which made them tough to screw in. Also, the table was missing a hole. But it's stable enough without it.

Love the fact that the table opens up and you can store things inside (the 4 grey/orange cushions and tray). And it's not uncomfortable. For the price, I think it's the best option out there. I've been looking for months.
Apr 5, 2016
411 posts
549 upvotes
BC
mau_mau wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 2:17 pm

Bahahah, great response!
Fido Public Mobile Shaw Tangerine
Oct 8, 2009
896 posts
305 upvotes
Kitchener
Thoughts how long this will last since its steel?
Aug 27, 2009
539 posts
296 upvotes
mau_mau wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 2:17 pm

Looks like a 90 day return policy... I got one, thanks op
Oct 25, 2005
195 posts
20 upvotes
Thanks Op, I ordered one online. My only hesitation was the back cushions are not fitted.
Aug 5, 2015
850 posts
338 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks OP. It's just a great coincidence as I was looking for a cheap set this morning for my roof terrace. i did not see anything worth buying under $500. I don't currently have anything beside a folding table and chairs since I bought my condo last year. This set is probably on the cheap side but for $300 it's a no brainer for my needs.
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Aug 21, 2011
375 posts
124 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks OP, I was eyeing the $498 one and the similar priced tuscany from Walmart, for the price went with this one.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2390 posts
1506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
keyser-soze wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 2:32 pm
Thoughts how long this will last since its steel?
I've had powder-coated steel chairs before. Never again. It's fine if you never leave it outside overnight or over the winter (even covered or in a shed). But if you want to just leave it on your deck or patio, it will be fine the first year; it will start to leave rust stains on your deck/patio and clothing in the second or third year (rain water always gets into the tubing and then rust water leaks out when you move it); by the fourth or fifth year it will be a booby trap just waiting for the right moment to break when someone's sitting on it. This is why spending $1000 on an aluminum set every ten years is way better than $300 every three years on a steel set. And the thing is, the $1000 set will last longer than ten years, and look and feel a lot nicer the whole time. And you won't be helping expand the garbage dump as often.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2148 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Got a similar set a year or so ago. These are special buy's brought in for the Black Friday in April deal.

Not a bad set for the price.
Dec 23, 2007
665 posts
78 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can the chairs be stacked for winter storage?