• Sep 10th, 2006 8:13 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 1, 2005
360 posts
Toronto

Hotel Downtown in Toronto

Can anyone recommend some hotels downtown in TO.

Most important is that it is clean. I usually stay at the Marriott on Yonge which is about 135.00 a night. But was thinking there might be something a bit more interesting around the same price or cheaper.

Basically anywhere around Yonge, south of College would be great.

Cheers,
Mike
9 replies
Jan 2, 2006
231 posts
Personally, I would try Priceline. You can specify which area of TO you want, how many stars, and what price you are willing to pay. There is a site where people post the results of priceline bids, so you can get a really good idea of what to expect. http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandex ... dingfrm211

Otherwise, I'm an Sheraton fan.
[OP]
May 1, 2005
360 posts
Toronto
aimie wrote:Personally, I would try Priceline.
Thanks, especially for the link. It is interesting but I don't like the idea of not choosing my hotel myself.

I won't name where, but recently I stayed in a "decent" Toronto downtown hotel and discovered bed bugs sharing my accomodations. With my luck that's where I would end up with PriceLine! ;-)
[OP]
May 1, 2005
360 posts
Toronto
teknoluv wrote:I've been to Cambridge Suites (Victoria & Richmond) and quite impressed. Probably around $150 per night or so.
Looks quite nice.. . It was $168. I got them to lower it to $150.00.
Includes a continenal breakfast. But they are charging for net access which sucks ($10). $16 for parking. (Not too bad).

I'll let you know how I like it!

Thanks,
Mike
Mar 13, 2006
288 posts
Montr
Priceline...

looks interesting, but I am afraid of commitment!
Also, it seems to me when you bid for a room that if someone accepts, you do not have the liberty to choose the hotel you want to stay in.....

Loss of freedom + commitment.... Im not ready for that!

(I'll just put an outrageously low price and see)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2003
1018 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've stayed at the Cambridge Suites (Richmond & Yonge) and enjoyed it. The suite is large with a bedroom separated from the rest of the suite with French doors, a continental breakfast (which you can order via room service), microwave and free cookies/popcorn, and the location is great.

Other recommendations for newer and/or trendier hotels in and around downtown include: Soho Metropolitan, Pantages Hotel, Hilton Toronto, Westin Harbour Castle (especially if you get a harbour-view room), and the Park Hyatt.

If you're planning to be in Toronto from August 13 through 20, the international AIDS conference will take over all hotels in the city. There are no rooms left in the downtown core.
To do nothing at all is the most difficult thing in the world, the most difficult and the most intellectual.
--Oscar Wilde
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2119 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
haowong wrote:Priceline...

looks interesting, but I am afraid of commitment!
Also, it seems to me when you bid for a room that if someone accepts, you do not have the liberty to choose the hotel you want to stay in.....

Loss of freedom + commitment.... Im not ready for that!

(I'll just put an outrageously low price and see)
Don't be scared of [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=401]priceline[/rfdlink]. Lots of people use it with great satisfaction. I've saved thousands of $$ using pricline. And, it you're bidding for 3 stars or higher, those hotels are quite nice. I'd rather have the $$ in savings in my pocket, wouldn't you?
Aug 19, 2004
969 posts
4 upvotes
mannyb wrote:Don't be scared of [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=401]priceline[/rfdlink]. Lots of people use it with great satisfaction. I've saved thousands of $$ using pricline. And, it you're bidding for 3 stars or higher, those hotels are quite nice. I'd rather have the $$ in savings in my pocket, wouldn't you?
I agree, [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=401]priceline[/rfdlink] is the RFD of hotels.