Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 23, 2011
529 posts
50 upvotes
WINNIPEG

Ikea Leather Kivik Sofa+Chaise vs other options

Has anybody bought the leather Kivik Sofa+Chaise? I'm looking to buy one and i'm just wondering if anybody has any feedbacks. I know people say to steer away from Ikea when it's pricey, but the other options are The Brick and Leon's and i doubt those are any better than Ikea.

I'm also looking at the Lure Sofa Chaise from Urban Barn. It starts at $1800 and it might get alot higher when leather fabric is added.
6 replies
Mar 1, 2009
356 posts
80 upvotes
I have the fabric Kivik and it is super comfortable and very deep. I got it during some buy one piece get the other 50% off sale (or something like that, was 2.5 years ago)

Ended up paying $950-$1000 for the love seat and chaise.

Try Brooklynfurniture.com they might have something there for a better price, though I can't speak to their quality/service.
Jul 10, 2005
369 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have the Lure (apartment sized without chaise) from Urban Barn. It's one of the best looking sofas I've seen, but definitely not one of the comfiest.

If you do decide to get a sofa from Urban Barn, PM me as I just got a 15% coupon from them (sale is for "all furniture" this weekend, but excludes as-is or floor models).
[OP]
Aug 23, 2011
529 posts
50 upvotes
WINNIPEG
calluses wrote:
Apr 9th, 2014 2:55 pm
I have the Lure (apartment sized without chaise) from Urban Barn. It's one of the best looking sofas I've seen, but definitely not one of the comfiest.

If you do decide to get a sofa from Urban Barn, PM me as I just got a 15% coupon from them (sale is for "all furniture" this weekend, but excludes as-is or floor models).
How is it for quality? I'm looking at the Lure. Not sure yet if they can customize it with leather.
Jul 10, 2005
369 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aizecarla wrote:
Apr 9th, 2014 2:58 pm
How is it for quality? I'm looking at the Lure. Not sure yet if they can customize it with leather.
The quality is pretty good, and I'm quite impressed by the warranty they offer. From what I remember, the warranty covers tears and spills...10-year warranty for certain things, I can't remember the exact details. I think it's fabric only though.
Jun 18, 2004
606 posts
43 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have a kivik sofa, super comfy! Makes all my sports night feel much more comfortable :)
Dec 4, 2004
385 posts
29 upvotes
Coquitlam
I was considering getting the fabric Kivik loveseat+chaise. The cushions are SUPER comfortable, like I could take a good long nap on that thing ahaha

But the arm rests are SO low, i dont think i could handle that.