293 upvotes
Winnipeg

[McDonalds] McDonalds 20-Piece Chicken McNugget Family Pack - $16.20

$16.20 for:
  • 20 Chicken McNuggets
  • 2 Medium Fries
  • 2 Medium Drinks
  • 2 Cookies
A bit more expensive than the Olympic Fan Pack that was available in January but the same contents.

Not sure if nationwide but available in Winnipeg.

http://accesswinnipeg.com/2014/11/the-m ... k-is-back/
32 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3569 posts
515 upvotes
It's Nationwide. Too bad we get ripped off compared to US, but not like we can do anything about that...lol
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2009
1104 posts
76 upvotes
swales wrote:
Nov 27th, 2014 4:06 pm
It's Nationwide. Too bad we get ripped off compared to US, but not like we can do anything about that...lol
Apparently it is because they are allowed to put dark meat in their nuggets compared to here where it is only white meat.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
2964 posts
405 upvotes
Winnipeg
KenA wrote:
Nov 27th, 2014 4:00 pm
$16.20 for:
  • 20 Chicken McNuggets
  • 2 Medium Fries
  • 2 Medium Drinks
  • 2 Cookies
A bit more expensive than the Olympic Fan Pack that was available in January but the same contents.

Not sure if nationwide but available in Winnipeg.

http://accesswinnipeg.com/2014/11/the-m ... k-is-back/
20 pcs nuggets is $7.20 in Burger King... for me they taste the same... with 2 fries and drink, that around extra $5... still cheaper.
Mar 14, 2005
246 posts
27 upvotes
Nope American nuggets are all white meat. If anything, it's the Canadian one that could potentially have dark meat

From
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... stcount=21

USA:
Chicken McNuggets® (10 piece):
White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphates, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch.

CANADA:
Ingredients:
Chicken meat, water, modified corn starch, salt, chicken broth powder (chicken broth, salt and natural chicken flavouring), seasoning [(vegetable oil (soybean and/or canola), extracts of rosemary, mono,di and triglycerides (from sunflower oil) and soy lecithin)]. Breaded with: water, wheat flour, yellow corn flour, modified corn starch, salt, baking powder, spices (white and black pepper, celery seed), wheat starch, whey powder, sodium aluminum phosphate, corn starch, partially hydrogenated soybean oil (manufacturing aid) and cooked in 100% vegetable shortening [Partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (corn and/or soybean and/or canola oil), cottonseed oil, partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil, monogylceride citrate and propyl gallate added to protect flavour, propylene glycol.]
Mar 14, 2005
246 posts
27 upvotes
I think it's because we use "natural flavoUring" instead of "natural flavoring". That totally justifies the price difference.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2449 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
no thanks, 8.99 for 20 nuggest +/- large fries for me
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10885 posts
2362 upvotes
GTA
Only $16.20 to help kill off your family with garbage food. Hot deal.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5435 posts
2950 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The Olympic pack was $14 =(
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Feb 14, 2010
47 posts
14 upvotes
Stopped eating them after they got rid of the hot mustard sauce/dip
Apr 25, 2011
807 posts
348 upvotes
British Columbia
The ingredients killed the deal for me.

And wow, McDonald's is expensive! Up the price a few dollars can I can eat in a real restaurant with healthy food.
Apr 21, 2012
940 posts
157 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Rarely visit McDonald's anymore because for the same money, I can get a better meal elsewhere. Their items are so small now.

I can just add $2 or so, and I can get a all you can eat sushi buffet. Unlimited quantity lol.
Jul 6, 2011
136 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
clumaster wrote:
Dec 1st, 2014 1:01 am
Stopped eating them after they got rid of the hot mustard sauce/dip
Mcd still has them
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1466 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
swales wrote:
Nov 27th, 2014 4:06 pm
I say this in every nugget thread, but true Mcdonald's eaters know that American Nuggets pail in comparison to Canadian McNuggets.
May 31, 2013
212 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
For 16 bucks this isn't such a great deal. wait for the $5 combo for 2 can dine coupons. 12 nuggets,2 fries,2 drinks for 10 bucks way better deal. besides Wendy nuggets are 5 for 2 bucks daily. not a great deal