[Princess Auto] 17 x 23 in. Self Healing Cutting Mat - $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2018 9:55 pm
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2267 posts
601 upvotes
I had to click on this deal cuz I had no idea what it was.

I still don't.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8286 posts
1060 upvotes
Toronto
Don't know what "Skookum as frig" means but this mat is a cutting mat to cut things on so you don't damage your table. Probably used by arts & crafts people and hobbyists.
Oct 4, 2010
26 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I get the reference.

Has anyone seen the mat in person? Is she a beauty, a bonnie, and a joy forever?
Nov 29, 2007
313 posts
155 upvotes
Something about your bits and a vice.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2013
450 posts
101 upvotes
Newmarket
fenixthecat wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 8:03 pm
I get the reference.

Has anyone seen the mat in person? Is she a beauty, a bonnie, and a joy forever?
I have seen it in person and bought it. It's a good 3 pounds, nice solid mat.
Dec 18, 2017
69 posts
23 upvotes
Ridge Meadows
LOVE AvE. I've got a couple of his t-sharts.

Does this mat have a stink to it? The last one I had did and it never went away.
Sep 9, 2015
254 posts
70 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
They're self healing but are not heat resistant. They WILL deform under heat. I got lazy and decided to eat a bowl of noodles before on one of these and the heat made it warp and could never get it back in shape.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2748 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Self healing?
So I cut it with a knife and it will heal the cutting mark by itself?
It sounds almost magical.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Aug 25, 2011
13 posts
1 upvote
BURLINGTON
I have a mat I paid 50$ for 11x17. So this is a good deal, depending on the quality. I buy one every couple of years so I can cut on my desk. Self healing means that with an exacto knife or equivalent, the little cuts will close over. Big cuts don't heal - its not magic. If you don't cut, it is a good soft drawing surface on a hard desk. It is abit stiffer than a borco drawing table cover. I will be buying one just because of the price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)