Automotive

Is Raybestos a good brand for brake pads?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2015 5:21 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 28, 2006
609 posts
87 upvotes

Is Raybestos a good brand for brake pads?

Yesterday got a $55 price for Advanced cemaric pads, it is quite close to the price on Jcwhitney. If it is ok, I am going get it. Thanks
42 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2009 posts
318 upvotes
Oshawa
http://raybestos.com/wps/portal/raybestos

Raybestos is highly recognized in NASCAR ...

I purchased these in the summer of 2010 ...

- Raybestos Ceramic Front Brake Pads ($65)
- Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors ($100)

I can tell you ... hardly any dust ... and the brakes work great!
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6060 posts
1034 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes Raybestos is a good brand for any brake part but there are different levels of quality. In other words let's say you're pricing out brake pads for a Bonneville, there are 1st line for let's say $95.00 then second line at $68.95 then 3rd line etc. down to around $19.95. They're all Raybestos but at different quality, materials options etc. Don't think that just because it's got the Raybestos name you're purchasing 1st line pads. For e.g., you can get a price for Raybestos pads at one parts store for $85.00 and another for $20.00. Even though they're both Raybestos brand they not the same model pads.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5727 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
My opinion, buy the Wagner Thermoquiet pads!

Brent
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4206 posts
317 upvotes
I find that all the Raybestos I've had have surpassed OEM in braking power. Most times the premium raybesto is around the same price as OEM. Even the cheaper raybestos sometimes match or surpass OEM brake pads.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4560 posts
211 upvotes
Burnaby
googoo wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 1:57 pm

Brent

I got those for my is300 and I love them.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
[OP]
Feb 28, 2006
609 posts
87 upvotes
Thanks, everyone.
Maymybonneliveforever wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 1:50 pm
Yes Raybestos is a good brand for any brake part but there are different levels of quality. In other words let's say you're pricing out brake pads for a Bonneville, there are 1st line for let's say $95.00 then second line at $68.95 then 3rd line etc. down to around $19.95. They're all Raybestos but at different quality, materials options etc. Don't think that just because it's got the Raybestos name you're purchasing 1st line pads. For e.g., you can get a price for Raybestos pads at one parts store for $85.00 and another for $20.00. Even though they're both Raybestos brand they not the same model pads.
Thanks for reminding. I checked their website.They have service grade, professional grade and Advanced technology. The one I got is Advanced Ceramic and was told it is a high level brake pad.
googoo wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 1:57 pm

Ye, they also have wanger Thermoquite for $55. I do no know it is cheap or not.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3171 upvotes
Calgary
Almost 8 years on my set of Ceramic Quietstops, roughly 100,000km. Only 1/3rd of the material is gone.
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1906 posts
238 upvotes
Waterlooo
AV-Fishing wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 11:37 am
http://raybestos.com/wps/portal/raybestos

Raybestos is highly recognized in NASCAR ...

I purchased these in the summer of 2010 ...

- Raybestos Ceramic Front Brake Pads ($65)
- Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors ($100)

I can tell you ... hardly any dust ... and the brakes work great!

I also have those pads and rotors, very happy with them. and as you say no (visible) dust on my rims anymore!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1717 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Going off the name, watch out for asbestosis.

Aren't the government supposed to be getting rid of asbestos brake pads, for health reasons?

At the very least they should slap an enviro fee on them, like they do for most of our electronic gear.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3171 upvotes
Calgary
Tornado F2 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 11:49 pm

Aren't the government supposed to be getting rid of asbestos brake pads, for health reasons?

At the very least they should slap an enviro fee on them, like they do for most of our electronic gear.

"Raybestos" is a brand name, not a material in the brake pads unless specifically part of the listed formulation.
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Apr 5, 2010
778 posts
41 upvotes
EBC is better. Raybestos is decent.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2005
2438 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Don't forget Akebono. Might cost a bit more but they are a good low dust, quiet, long lasting ceramic pad that's easy on rotors.

Tornado F2 wrote:
lol... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2009 posts
318 upvotes
Oshawa
Tornado F2 wrote:

Novice.

How can you link Raybestos and asbestosis??? DUH! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!