Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers retention offer - $0 iPhone 8 64GB, 10GB for $76/month, $500 bill credit on second bill

[OP]
Jun 3, 2008
33 posts
24 upvotes
Newmarket

[Rogers] Rogers retention offer - $0 iPhone 8 64GB, 10GB for $76/month, $500 bill credit on second bill

A friend of mind got a call from Rogers, a retention offer as follows:

$0 iPhone 8 64GB on 2-year term
$95/10GB plan (unlimited Canada-wide calling) with 20% off = $76/month
$500 bill credit on second bill

He left Rogers last December for a $60/10G deal at Bell.
He's going to port back to Rogers for this deal.
I also moved from Rogers same time to Bell but didn't get the same offer.

Talked to a mobile rep at Walmart, he says it is legit but can't offer it.

Called Bell loyalty, wasted a bunch of time with them and they said no way they can match. Not even close.

Very happy with the $60/10G plan but no Bell phone upgrade options. The plan they offered was ridiculous - $150 or so.

Has anyone had the same experience? What is the best path forward?
317 replies
Oct 16, 2005
406 posts
122 upvotes
braveheart2006 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2018 4:25 pm
A friend of mind got a call from Rogers, a retention offer as follows:

$0 iPhone 8 64GB on 2-year term
$95/10GB plan (unlimited Canada-wide calling) with 20% off = $76/month
$500 bill credit on second bill

Called Bell loyalty, wasted a bunch of time with them and they said no way they can match. Not even close.

Very happy with the $60/10G plan but no Bell phone upgrade options. The plan they offered was ridiculous - $150 or so.

What was the retention plan code?

How are they able to get $20 plus $500 and not one not the other
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9107 posts
890 upvotes
Haha $500 bill credit on second bill. Oh boy you'll be surprised on second bill lol
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
[OP]
Jun 3, 2008
33 posts
24 upvotes
Newmarket
aquariaguy wrote:
Mar 24th, 2018 4:40 pm
Haha $500 bill credit on second bill. Oh boy you'll be surprised on second bill lol
Second month of billing not a separate bill.
Jul 5, 2013
217 posts
72 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Got a call from fido for similar offer. I jumped to bell few months ago for the 10g/ 85 month with s8+. Still own 679 on contract so called bell and they gave me 3m free to stay with them. I'm 101 a month tax in so pretty good credit, works out to 15 off a month for the remainder of my contract.
Dec 6, 2011
91 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
A buddy of mine just got the same offer. Used to be with rogers then he switched to telus after the end of his two year contract. A few days after switching to telus he got a call and got an awesome offer. Iphone 8 free (I can’t remember the credit if it was $300 or $400) or Iphone 8+ but pay $129 for the phone but with $500 credit . The plans were 8GB for $64, 10GB for $72 and 15GB for $80. At first he thought it was a scam because the offer was to good to be true so he called rogers and the customer service rep said it was legit and funny part was the customer service rep was surprised and can’t believe the offer after reading the notes on my buddy’s account.
Feb 17, 2009
432 posts
222 upvotes
livetilapia wrote:
Mar 24th, 2018 10:38 pm
A buddy of mine just got the same offer. Used to be with rogers then he switched to telus after the end of his two year contract. A few days after switching to telus he got a call and got an awesome offer. Iphone 8 free (I can’t remember the credit if it was $300 or $400) or Iphone 8+ but pay $129 for the phone but with $500 credit . The plans were 8GB for $64, 10GB for $72 and 15GB for $80. At first he thought it was a scam because the offer was to good to be true so he called rogers and the customer service rep said it was legit and funny part was the customer service rep was surprised and can’t believe the offer after reading the notes on my buddy’s account.
Are these premium plus plans? or BYOP?
Dec 6, 2011
91 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
si2k7801 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2018 11:15 pm
Are these premium plus plans? or BYOP?
I think it’s premium plus not BYOP
Jan 4, 2013
236 posts
46 upvotes
Dang I changed my number after telus screwed me so they definitely won't have my number to get me back :( oh well
Banned
Mar 19, 2018
85 posts
17 upvotes
only for port back customers? we need the code for this deal.
Dec 18, 2017
69 posts
32 upvotes
braveheart2006 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2018 4:25 pm

I have the 60/10gb thing as well, on Virgin. I also have an iphone 6, so I'm kind of interested in getting a new phone, but not loving how much a plan costs with any kind of data. I haven't looked into it yet, but in reading Best Buy's site, they offer 24 month cell phone financing, for a $40 admin fee. So if I was looking at a thousand bucks or so, then I would be looking at 40-45/month to pay for the phone. Even if I went for iphone X and spent upwards of $60 a month for 24 months, then thats 120 month for phone and plan combined and I own the phone and am not tied to a contract. A 10gb Bell plan for a subsidized iphone X is $155/month and I still have to lay out $600 for the phone upfront as well and am tied to Bell for 24 months.

The question of course is, I don't know if I could buy that phone from Best Buy and finance it outright on their financing or if they only offer it for the subsidized phones . But even if not, I could use my own credit to pay it and the interest would be one months worth of those price differences. Does this sound like a decent option, or am I overlooking something?
Dec 6, 2011
91 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
As far as I know, there’s no code for it. The customer service were surprised and can’t even offer that deal. When my friend asked customer service about the call and the offer all he was told was the call is legit as they have a record of the conversation and that the person that called him was not from rogers but a “third party”
Dec 6, 2009
20 posts
4 upvotes
This is a bad deal. I think I've been with Fido since 2001 with a city Fido plan. So I've been paying somewhere around 45 to 56 bucks a month for years. Before the collapse of the new 3 they always gave me some sort of discount from 5 to 10 bucks a month. As soon as the new 3 were pretty much done they stopped all monthly discounts and jacked the price up. So screw them I ain't porting back.