• Nov 2nd, 2017 3:47 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
281 posts
129 upvotes

[The Bay] PHILIPS Turbostar Digital Air Fryer - $157.24

Philips Airfryer Turbostar is currently on sale for $199.99
use promo code SAVEBIG to save $30 = $169.99
check out with ebates canada and save 7.5% ($12.75) = $157.24 (not including taxes)
25 replies
Sep 22, 2010
58 posts
26 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks OP. Been looking at this VS the Acti-Fry VS some of the others. Any thoughts as to which one is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks,
Cal.
Jan 10, 2010
7 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
gah.... so tempted... tried out the in-laws phillips air fryer (one of the first models) and our tater tots were amazing! and a lot quicker to cook than toaster oven. But so hard to justify the price and kitchen space (even though this model is smaller than the previous ones)... and i don't think it has a lot of volume to cook friend chicken for more than 1 or 2 people... if you have a family with kids... forget trying to make a fried chicken dinner.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3018 posts
267 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP.
Just bought one 2 weeks ago and now have to figure out how to return it for refund without any invoice/receipt in the delivered box.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
1970 posts
228 upvotes
Ottawa
Complete waste of money. I bought this, and sincerely wish I didn't. It doesn't do anything well. Chicken. Spuds. Meatballs etc. Everything is crap. I mean if you have a very low bar for food standards sure. But if you take pleasure in your food, you'll be disappointed by how long this takes to cook, and the food consistency when it's done.
I missed the 30 days to refund with Amazon. Screwed. Ugh I tried offering it to my friends discounted. Nobody wanted it because everyone knows how shitty they are.. Except me. It seems.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1297 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Chicken wings/thighs are amazing, get the attachment that lets you have two rows of food otherwise you'll only be able to cook 10 or so wings at a time.
Key is give them space so there is air flow, you'll get really crispy wings/thighs.

Fish is also super simple in this, about 12 minutes for salmon.

I haven't really been impressed with making your own fries.
Oct 13, 2016
123 posts
77 upvotes
shylok wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:21 pm
Complete waste of money. I bought this, and sincerely wish I didn't. It doesn't do anything well. Chicken. Spuds. Meatballs etc. Everything is crap. I mean if you have a very low bar for food standards sure. But if you take pleasure in your food, you'll be disappointed by how long this takes to cook, and the food consistency when it's done.
I missed the 30 days to refund with Amazon. Screwed. Ugh I tried offering it to my friends discounted. Nobody wanted it because everyone knows how shitty they are.. Except me. It seems.
How long if use it to fry chicken wings for two?
reviews looks pretty good on this airfryer
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
1970 posts
228 upvotes
Ottawa
LenXons wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:30 pm
How long if use it to fry chicken wings for two?
reviews looks pretty good on this airfryer
Never did. We did panko and breaded chicken.
Aug 8, 2016
171 posts
19 upvotes
shylok wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:21 pm
I have the complete opposite opinion, the food taste better and way less greasier as opposed to traditional pan cooking. It's also way more convenient cooking with less dishes and time. It's the perfect size to feed 1-2~ people and I use it on the daily
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
1970 posts
228 upvotes
Ottawa
Chaselap wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:45 pm
I have the complete opposite opinion, the food taste better and way less greasier as opposed to traditional pan cooking. It's also way more convenient cooking with less dishes and time. It's the perfect size to feed 1-2~ people and I use it on the daily
Suspect it depends on the food. We also don't fry anything on a daily basis. So aren't used to needing to fry. Hope was I could do more frying with this and end up with a nice crust etc. I gave up.
Oct 13, 2016
123 posts
77 upvotes
shylok wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:36 pm
Never did. We did panko and breaded chicken.
We usually buy frozen chicken wings and microwave, probably would still give this a try
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1752 posts
477 upvotes
Chaselap wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:45 pm
Same. I think most people would agree that this is a great product. I use mine pretty much daily.

Someone mentioned in another topic to buy an oil spray bottle. There's no oil compartment in these machines and I like greasy food so I picked up a spray bottle from Amazon for $13.
Sep 16, 2016
99 posts
10 upvotes
Lowest price I have seen before was $200, this is a new low
Already got a T-fal air fryer however
Jan 12, 2017
260 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver
I've heard so many mixed reviews about air fryers in general.
some people love it, some people hate it...