Food & Drink

What is the busiest Tim Hortons in the country?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2015 3:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
1964 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto

What is the busiest Tim Hortons in the country?

Every time I go to a Tim Hortons location in the morning, I think "this must be the busiest one" I have seen but I am sure this is the case for so many around the country.

So this got me thinking: "What is the busiest Tim Hortons in the country?" I did some research and couldn't find much on this. The only thing I did find was a Yelp review for a Tim Hortons location in Fort McMurray, AB (9701 Hardin Street) in which the user states "I have seen some pretty long lines in then drive thru, and that goes to speak for how popular this location is and it's loyal customers. I also heard that this is one is the busiest Tim Hortons in Canada, and I don't doubt that fact."

Does anyone know about this location and is it truly one of the busiest? what are some of the busiest you have seen? I would think the ones in airports and those OnRoute stops would be some of the busiest. Here in Vaughan, we have a few busy ones, especially the one on Weston and 407, where according to my morning counts, there is typically 15-20 cars at times waiting at the drive-thru.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8939 posts
1603 upvotes
Somewhere
Disclaimer: the following is based on hearsay only:

1) Union Station.
2) UWaterloo SCH building.
:confused:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
1964 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Jul 10th, 2015 9:26 am
Disclaimer: the following is based on hearsay only:

1) Union Station.
2) UWaterloo SCH building.
Never been or knew of either one, but based on their location, I could see them being extremely busy. However, the fact that both probably don't a drive-thru (I am assuming) will make their overall traffic a bit smaller than those locations that have a drive-thru. But for foot traffic, agree, they are both probably extremely busy year-round.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4153 posts
1237 upvotes
Other locations - because Union Station .... and others right on the Yonge line.

If it needs a drive-thru ...

The one on Sheppard near Highway 404 used to be quite busy. 2075 Sheppard Avenue East

Similarly, the one at Woodbine and John Street was quite busy as Woodbine leads right into Highway 404. (No Drive-thru as far as I remember which seems dumb given the amount of traffic that passes by. See also Steeles and Don Mills for one that is somehow missing a drive-thru ... did they purposely not put in drive-thru to reduce traffic, I think yes.)

If post-secondary institutions I would say Seneca College on Finch and Don Mills during key months - though Seneca has a lot of coffee places now and has Cafeteria Coffee and Starbucks - too much OSAP money flowing through the halls now.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3648 posts
505 upvotes
Aurora
The one that you're waiting in line in.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2337 posts
303 upvotes
Burlington
have heard from several people/franchisees that it's the timmys @ Clapisons (hwy 5 and 6 in Waterdown, ON). Hard to find a parking spot any time I've been by, so...maybe
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4262 upvotes
Any Tim Hortons on Highway 7 east of Yonge. Drive thrus always cause have traffic jams that spill onto the main streets.
Jun 10, 2015
550 posts
204 upvotes
Unless you're excluding the ones that are located on school campuses.. Humber North campus lol
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1128 posts
113 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I would say the busiest one is in marmara ontario
Dec 15, 2011
13 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Yellowknife, NWT has the busiest Tim Hortons, but it was during the late 2000s to early 2010s. It's because there's only one Tims in a city of 20,0000.

I'm not sure about now though.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1573 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Niagara Falls location on a summer day.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12467 posts
1851 upvotes
Toronto
Woodbridge905 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2015 9:39 am
Never been or knew of either one, but based on their location, I could see them being extremely busy. However, the fact that both probably don't a drive-thru (I am assuming) will make their overall traffic a bit smaller than those locations that have a drive-thru. But for foot traffic, agree, they are both probably extremely busy year-round.
There's GO, VIA, GO bus, TTC, and other traffic at Union station. It's a crazy zoo there!
Believe it or not, low on time once, I gave up on the TH Union station and went to the much shorter line @ the Second cup right next to it. (practically)
Trust me, they don't need a drive through @ Union station. They have the "we don't drive" crowd mastered.

I have not been to Waterloo, but I do believe Union station should win this one.
FYI The TH @ Union used to be a Countrystyle. They left because rent was too high...Thankfully TH saw the high traffic benefit better than they did.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3375 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
I've been to that location in fort Mac and its not that busy. It's only busy for drive thru cause everyone drives there and it's busy for a small town. Even the small Timmy's at finch station is busier lol
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1387 posts
236 upvotes
'Busy' is very hard to measure.

Do you base it on the number of customers/minute? (But this could be as a result of a bigger location with more staff, hence serving a larger amount of people?)
number of customers/staff?
$ sold/minute?
$ sold/overall? (Some locations are 24hr and some aren't)